TDK-Lambda recently launched the Genesys+™ series of programmable DC power supplies in a 1U 19” rack chassis. The 5kW model is the first in a series which uses Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology to improve performance, functionality and offers efficiencies up to 93%. Genesys programmable power supplies are used in applications such as component, aerospace and automotive testing, semiconductor fabrication, water treatment, plating and solar array simulation.
- Constant current, constant voltage or constant power modes
- Internal resistance simulation
- Accepts three-phase 170-265Vac, 342-460Vac or wide range 342-528Vac inputs with active Power Factor Correction
- 1U high, 19” (483mm) wide rack
- Five voltage models initially available: 0-10V/500A, 0-20V/250A, 0-30V/170A, 0-300V/17A and 0-600V/8.5A
Improvements over standard Genesys range
- Two user-programmable output control pins can activate external devices, such as load disconnect relays
- Arbitrary waveform profiles (e.g. car battery simulation at vehicle start) of up to 100 steps
- Advanced parallel master/slave system allows a multi PSU system to achieve dynamic response, ripple and noise performance comparable to a single power supply.
- Up to four units can be connected in parallel using a data link cable. The master and slave units automatically detect the parallel data connection and set their parameters accordingly
- Faster up and down programming response times speed up operation with user adjustable voltage and current slew rate control
Compatible with existing models
The new series is compatible with Genesys™ and Z+ models, using the same communication protocols and signals. All functions can be programmed via the front panel or remotely using the LAN (LXI 1.5), USB 2.0 or RS232/485 communications interfaces. An isolated analogue control and monitoring interface (0-5 or 0-10V) is also provided. GPIB (IEEE488) is available as an option.
The Anybus CompactCom platform enables various interface options as they are introduced e.g. Devicenet, Ethercat, Modbus and Profibus. A full package of software drivers, waveform creator and virtual front panel GUI is provided.
- Safe Start – the power supply will return to its last operational settings after a power interruption but with the output disabled.
- Auto Re-Start – the power supply returns to the last used operation settings after a power interruption.
- Last Setting Memory – retains settings such as the output voltage/current, output on/off, OVP/UVL level, Fold-Back and Start-Up mode at each AC input turn-off sequence.
- Built-in protective functions – include over voltage protection (OVP), under voltage limit (UVL), fold-back protection (FOLD) and over-temperature (OTP) protection.
Safety certifications include IEC/EN/UL 60950-1 with CE marking for the EMC, LV (low voltage) and RoHS Directives. The series conforms to the industrial environment IEC/EN61326-1 standard for conducted EMI, radiated EMI and EMC immunity.