Vincotech have announced a new 650V ﬂow3x power semiconductor module which boasts 15% higher efficiency than that of the widely used Vienna rectifier. The ANPFC 1 semiconductor module is aimed at demanding power converter designs such as power supplies, industrial drives and charging stations.
Higher efficiency and smaller size
The 650 V/50 A ANPFC 1 features three phases in a single 12 mm, low-inductance flow 1 housing. It uses either ultra-fast Si diodes for cost efficiency or SiC diodes for higher switching frequencies plus:
- Integrated DC capacitor
- Integrated NTCs to monitor temperature
- Built-in snubbing capacitors to improve EMC.
Modules are also available with phase-change material.
Three level PFC architecture
A module uses a three-level PFC architecture which features prominently in power supply and high-end motor drive applications such as pumps and fans. The module is intended to complement the Vincotech sixpack motion control power modules.
- Compact design increases power density and reduces weight
- Low-inductive design reduces EMI
- Integrated DC capacitors mitigate voltage over-shoot
- Higher switching frequency
- Lower filtering effort
- Lower overall costs