PPM Power brings a new high precision dual range current transducer from LEM; the IT 205-S/SP1. This latest addition differs from LEM’s other IT series current transducers as it allows for ultra-high precision measurement of both very large and very small currents by the same device.
The IT 205-S/SP1 is a closed loop current transducer which uses an extremely accurate zero flux detector and provides the high performance of fluxgate technology based transducers across the extended temperature range. Meaning the new product delivers extremely high accuracy, with better than 12 parts per million (ppm) linearity over temperature range.
The current transducer also has a precise and consistent winding process, which offers a fast response time to di/dt step changes of less than 0.5 µs.
As with the other current transducers in the IT xx5 series, the 205-S/SP1 has the same wide operating temperature range of -40°C to 85°C.
LEM’s current transducer range can be used in a wide range of applications, including high precision power supplies, precision and high stability inverters, medical equipment, calibration units, power analysers and metering.
|Primary Continuous Direct Current Range (A)||Primary Nominal RMS Current (A)||Measuring Resistance Range (Ohms)||Conversion Ratio||Overload Capability, 100ms Pulse (A)||High Current Range Linearity Error||Low Current Range Linearity Error|
|+/- 200A||200A||0/20 Ω||1:1000||+/- 1000A||+/-4 ppm||+/-9 ppm|
- Very high accuracy
- Excellent linearity
- Wide frequency bandwidth
- High immunity to external fields
- Extremely low temperature drift.
- Wide operating temperature range of -40°C to 85°C
- Closed loop (compensated) current transducer using an extremely accurate zero flux detector
- Electrostatic shield between primary and secondary circuit
- 9-pin D-Sub male secondary connector
- Optically insulated output (photocoupler type) indicates transducer state.